Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ahoy

I thought maybe I'd start out blogging in Olde English but it took too long to learn, plus it sounds a wee bit odd and tricksy, so I sticks with the reg'lar english

But I did have a bit of fun with the settings and templates. For example, in a move both bold and clever, I changed the blog title font to (gasp) italics. Or should that be 'italics (gasp)' ?

I'll let the reader decide. Anyway, I might just center my text in a future posting. But to the task at hand. I think this training is a grand idea. When I was first hired at KCLS, I had a pretty good technical background. Now, I'm about as clueless as my grandmother was when she called my number years ago and had her first encounter with an answering machine: "Andy....? Hello...... Andy??? ... This is grandma.....? Hello......? Oh, gosh...."

Being a card carrying member of Luddites of America, I haven't spent all that much time learning new technology features on my own. I could probably still wing it with html but anything newer than that, I'm pretty much toast.

Also, interestingly, a number of people have asked me to forward the Learning 2.0 emails to them so that they can tag along. My dad, for one - which is unbelievable. He's reaalllly Luddite, but wants to learn.

Gotta go - standing orders await.

No comments: