Monday, April 30, 2007

Video (YouTube)

What I really wish we could do was take video of some of the kids here and email the video to their parents. What else could we do? Book talks maybe? How about some bibliographic instruction (that'll get 5 stars for sure)? I think it would be interesting to have a short video montage of what all the branches look like. Or a time-lapse video clip of the entrance - it would be fun to see all the traffic coming into and going out of the branch. Hey, I know - a live cam of the stacks when we are closed! We could call it Dewey-Cam, and it would be just like the bald eagle cam, only better.

Anyway, I poked around a bit on YouTube and mostly did searching on the Help Desk spoof idea. I recently saw a video clip of the Medieval Helpdesk and really liked it (I'll embed the link below). I noticed it was tagged "middelage" which made me wonder if I could pull it up searching on the correct spelling. I could, but only because they used the term "middle ages" in the description. So I tried searching on other spoof help desk clips and found a Star Wars Help Desk clip. It's a great idea, but the people acting in the clip were rather horrible.



I liked the dominoes clip a lot too.

1 comment:

DV said...

One of our subs sent me this clip and I posted it to the Auburn Librarians Blog. They got a big kick out of it.

I think the name of your blog is hilarious, and I cracked up when under "About me" you said "oh, I don't think so." It does seem weird to put anything in there.